CITY COUNCIL - https://phlcouncil.com
- City Council Meetings: Thursdays at 10 AM, Room 400, City Hall, unless on vacation. The meetings don't normally get started until 10:30 am. There is a sign-up sheet at a desk in the hallway if you want to make a public comment. Keep your comments to 2 minutes, even though sometimes they allow 3 minutes.
- LOCATE your city council member (on top banner, click onto "Who's My Council Member?) https://phila.legistar.com/
- Standing Committees: http://phlcouncil.com/standing-committees
- City Council’s Legislative Information Center: https://phila.legistar.com
- BE SURE TO FOLLOW:
- CALENDAR of ALL MEETINGS - city council meetings are called "stated meetings": https://phila.legistar.com/calendar.aspx
LEGISLATION - search "city council" to get list of bills & resolutions presented to city council, many of which are "newly introduced" at the beginning of city council meetings and therefore do not appear on the agendas, but are included in the minutes of city council meetings - https://phila.legistar.com/Legislation.aspx To search committees, use quotation marks, ex: "Committee of Education" or "Committee on Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Affairs". Just get full name of committee and then add "Committee at the beginning of your search.
FOR GROUP EMAILS: Darrell.Clarke@phila.gov; Mark.Squilla@phila.gov;Cindy.Bass@phila.gov;Isaiah.Thomas@phila.gov;Kenyatta.Johnson@phila.gov;
PHILADELPHIA BOARD OF HEALTH - https://www.phila.gov/departments/board-of-health
MEETINGS: 5:30-7 PM (Sometimes they allow public comments during the meetings and sometimes they don’t. However, you can always submit comments to: Benjamin.Hartung@phila.gov More info at: https://www.phila.gov/departments/board-of-health/regulations-and-meeting-minutes/
CONTACT: To send comments to Commission, email: Benjamin.firstname.lastname@example.org
STAFF EMAILS: NOT Commission Members: https://www.phila.gov/departments/department-of-public-health/about-us/staff/
PHILADELPHIA SCHOOL BOARD: https://www.philasd.org/schoolboard The School Board should be elected, not selected by the Mayor. As is, they are not answerable to the general public, let alone parents and students.
They call their school board meetings, “Action Meetings”. In some months there are also public hearings and policy committee meetings. Scroll down to find calendar. How to register to speak or submit written testimony. Speaker registration opens at 4 PM the Monday before the meeting. Written testimony must be submitted 24 hours before the meeting. Hand deliver or email email@example.com . If you are a speaker, you can submit a print copy of your spoken testimony to the clerk after you have spoken. Here are all the procedures: https://www.philasd.org/schoolboard/wp-content/uploads/sites/892/2021/08/005-Admin-Procedures-Aug-2021.pdf
MEETINGS: 4th Thursday, 4-7pm, 440 N. Broad Street
HEALTH DEPT: firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org